There are 6 stretches that relate to the meridians, lines of energy, that are worked on in Shiatsu massage. These stretches can be done away from a Shiatsu session. It’s great to do them daily, they stretch the meridians, bringing energy to places where there is little & loosening tightness & stagnation in other areas.
As the stretches are done its important to remember to:
- Gently warm up before & down after
- Listen to your body, be kind & don’t push to hard
- Take a few breathes in each pose
- Feel how your body reacts to each pose, tight, loose, easy, tough
- If the pose feels good stay for a couple more breathes
- If the pose feels less good come out after a few breathes
- Do each pose twice, feel the difference the second time
I am always happy to show how the stretches go at a Shiatsu massage session.