I get asked quite often how Shiatsu differs to other forms of massage. Although I haven’t studied other types of massage I think there are a few points that make Shiatsu different.
1. Shiatsu is given on a futon mat on the floor
2. The client is fully clothed, the massage is always given through clothes
3. Shiatsu uses diagnosis techniques rooted in Eastern medicine
4. Shiatsu also uses touch as a form of diagnosis
5. Each massage is different & is tailored specifically to support the client
I am always happy to talk Shiatsu so if you have any questions do get in touch with me through the ‘contact me’ page. You can also have a look at the other pages on this site for more info on Shiatsu or me.