Maybe you’ve had Shiatsu before and are looking for a practitioner in the Exeter area.
Every practitioner is different. I can say that I am a supportive, open and honest therapist. I provide a safe environment for clients to express whatever they need to.
My Shiatsu can be vigorous when appropriate and I love getting into tension in the shoulders and neck. I often get clients saying they have enjoyed a good stretch or that they feel taller or straighter than when they arrived.
I am able to adapt to everyone and anyone, I can offer Shiatsu on a couch or in a chair if needs be. I have had great results with a particular client who is only able to lie on a couch. I also work on children or pregnant women.
I really enjoy the quiet work that Shiatsu involves, the strong connection, the nurturing and caring ability of this therapy.
I have worked with a lot of people looking to make changes in their lives. I have had a number of clients with Arthritis or joint issues. I have supported clients with back or pelvic issues. I have also helped support people with chronic pain. I have also supported people with anxiety, depression and stress.
I work in a warm and inviting wooden cabin in our garden in Exwick, Exeter. It helps create a relaxing environment.
I’m always happy to discuss Shiatsu so do get in touch if you would like to talk before coming to have a session.
Thanks for reading and maybe see you soon.
Well Christmas is coming up fast and there always seems to be so much to get done. Do you have space to squeeze a stress-busting, energy-building, deeply-warming Shiatsu in?
I have just a couple of spaces left in week commencing 17th December, including one rare evening appointment.
If you feel in need of some care and support, if you would like some help with physical tension or pain, if you need some relaxation and space then get in touch to book.
I’ll be back in the new year offering Shiatsu but if you can’t wait until then do see if you can make one of the last spots for this year.
It’s the time of year when aches and pains start to show themselves and any issues with joints become more obvious. Whether it’s arthritic or an other issue joint pain can be very tiresome and demoralizing. The interesting thing is that my experience is that Shiatsu can be incredibly helpful and successful in reducing joint pain.
In simple terms Shiatsu looks to balance the energy in the body. If there is a lack of energy in a joint, causing discomfort or pain, bringing energy to that area and through that joint can rebalance the body and ease the symptoms. Shiatsu does this by working along the Meridians, lines of energy, that run throughout the body. These are also used in Acupuncture and Acupressure.
There are also some rules with joint pain that may help you manage the condition between treatments.
- Joints love warmth – wrap up, use a hot water bottle or heat pad whenever possible.
- Joints like gentle movement – gently exercise your joint, never pushing to much, look to find a balance between rest and movement.
- Joints like care and attention – get lots of Shiatsu or other support, ask a partner or friend to hold the joint, do points 1 and 2
If you suffer from joint pain then do get in touch to discuss if Shiatsu might help, until then get into bed with a hot water bottle and a nice warm drink and take it easy!
Here we go – it’s that time of year again – Christmas is coming and gifts need to be purchased.
- I offer gift vouchers in any denomination, so if you are a Shiatsu fan get them on your list, people can buy whatever amount they want.
- If you want to buy someone an experience then why not get them a Shiatsu or a Natural Face Lift Massage session.
- I can post out vouchers or send them electronically, for those of you reading this late?
- Shiatsu is suitable for all and can be good for both physical, emotional and mental concerns or complaints, its also incredibly relaxing and supportive.
If you’d like to get your hands on some vouchers then get in touch – 07791 070837 – firstname.lastname@example.org – good luck with the next 3 weeks.